T. Helbich, Vienna/AT
S. Vinnicombe, Cheltenham/UK
All ESOR 2022 Foundation Courses are included in the ESR Premium Education Package 2022 which provides access to numerous educational services such as Education on Demand, Eurorad, and content on ESR Connect. For more details, please visit ESR Connect.
ONLY for Live Streaming CME accreditation
An application for European CME credits (ECMEC) was submitted to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), which is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS), www.uems.eu.
5 CME credits will only be available for active participation in the live stream and after the completion of an online evaluation form. No CME credits will be available for watching on demand.
ESOR Foundation Course
BREAST IMAGING | Online | May 18, 2022
This course is aimed at residents in their 4th and 5th year of training in radiology and recently board-certified radiologists interested in Breast Imaging. It is strictly adhered to Level II of the European Training Curriculum and is intended to provide an in-depth view into modern state-of the-art imaging in breast diseases. The course includes six topics consisting of 40 minutes of theory and case presentations followed by a live Q&A section after each session for interaction with the faculty members.
- to appreciate the need of structured reporting to understand how to communicate breast imaging findings to patients
- to learn the principles and objectives of population screening
- to understand the potential of mammography and MRI in the preoperative setting
- to be acquainted with imaging-guided interventions and their indications
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Structured reporting with BIRADS
– To understand how to use B-RADS lexicon to predict the risk of malignancy in mammography (MG), ultrasonography (US) and Magnetic resonance imaging (MR)
Risk-based breast screening
– To understand the need for risk-based screening
The digital revolution in mammography
– To report on the drawbacks of conventional mammography
Ultrasound of the breast: from diagnosis to therapy monitoring
– To understand how to improve image quality on ultrasonography
MRI of the breast: when and how?
– To become familiar with the current indications for MRI of the breast
Breast interventions: a primer
– To understand the importance of intervention in the work-up of breast problems