Application for 2020 November 15, 2019 - February 15, 2020
How to apply
To apply for the programme, applicants must send an e-mail to the ESOR Office and provide the following documents (as PDF files):
- Letter of motivation including previous experience in the field
- ESOR Curriculum Vitae Template* (DOC)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (by the head of department of the current hospital/University)
- Certificate of recent board certification from the relevant authority
- Language certificate
- List of five most important/relevant publications in international peer reviewed journals
- List of references to be contacted if necessary
- ESR membership proof
- Copy of passport
- Proof of medical insurance
Please note that only complete applications can be considered. To ensure equal opportunities candidates should apply only to institutions outside of their country of residence/work.
The candidate will be asked to provide additional documents to the training centre for administrative purposes. The fellow is further asked to take care of his/her working permit and insurance. Please note that he/she is responsible for his/her visa. The training centre will help the fellow with all organisational details.
Research Fellowship in Imaging of Cancer
The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam/Netherlands
The Netherlands Cancer Institute in Amsterdam is a Comprehensive Cancer Center with a focus on innovation in research and treatment of cancer patients. The department of radiology provides highly subspecialised diagnostic and interventional oncology service in almost all tumour types. The clinical and translational research at the department is multidisciplinary in collaboration with surgery, radiotherapy and other clinical specialties. It focuses on imaging for the assessment of response to cancer treatment with validation in particular of functional MR parameters. The research in rectal cancer MRI is an internationally recognised track and many related projects are taking place. The MR rectal research extends to other cancer types including breasts, lung, colon, liver, melanoma, brain and head and neck tumours. Another important focus of research is Radiomics and image segmentation. The imaging research at the Department of Radiology is performed and supervised by an international team of PhD fellows, post doc scientists, radiologists, surgeons and radiotherapists. The combination of an inspiring research infrastructure and atmosphere together with a high volume cancer care facilitates many relevant and innovative clinical imaging projects in our Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Number of available places
During 2020/2021 two places will be available for recently board-certified radiologists, who are full members or a corresponding members of ESR.
- This exchange programme applies to radiologists within the first three years after certification.
- The candidate should be interested and should preferably have experience in conducting research.
- He/She should have an interest and basic skills in medical database handling.
- The candidate should be fluent in English and have communicative skills.
- He/She should have experience in scientific English writing.
- The successful candidate will have to make himself/herself available for an interview via Skype.
- ESR membership fee for 2020 must be settled.
Please note that you can only apply for one ESOR fellowship programme and one of the available topics at once.
Duration and funding
The starting date of the fellowship will be decided in agreement between the center and the fellow and will last for 12 months. The fellow will receive a grant (€23.000,-) from the training centre, which will be paid out via ESOR on a monthly basis.
The research fellow will participate in one of the research projects of the department.
A detailed individual programme is determined at the beginning of the fellowship in consultation with the fellow.
After successful completion of the one-year training the trainee receives a certificate from ESR/ESOR and Netherlands Cancer Institute. In order to receive this, the fellow must present a written report about his/her work and activities during the programme.