Date and venue
Date for 2021 will be announced!
Medical University Graz
Michael Fuchsjäger, Graz/AT
ESOR GRAZ TUTORIAL
New dates in 2021 to be announced; Graz/Austria
The aim of the ESOR Tutorials is to further the experience of young radiologists, residents in their last year of training and board-certified radiologists, in daily radiological practice through intense teaching and exchange in a European reference center. In Graz the participants are offered one week of practical and theoretical knowledge and the opportunity to be integrated in the activities of an academic department of radiology.
The tutorial will be organised by the Medical University Graz under the chairmanship of Prof. M. Fuchsjäger. The ESOR Graz Tutorial is supported by the ESR.
Number of available places
In 2021, 12 places are available for radiologists from Russia and the CIS countries.
Eligibility criteria and application process
- The ESOR Graz Tutorial applies to young radiologists, residents in their late years of training and board-certified radiologists, who desire to get the benefit of intense teaching.
- The ESOR Graz Tutorial is aimed at radiologists from Russia and the CIS countries.
- Previous exposure in any field of special interest is advantageous.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- To apply for the programme, applicants must send an e-mail to the ESOR Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the following documents (as PDF files):
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation explaining personal interest
- Letter of recommendation from the head of department of the current training centre or a previously undertaken academic training
- Proof of resident status or certificate of board certification
- Written confirmation from the head of department stating that the applicant is proficient in English
For one week participants are offered practical and theoretical knowledge and the opportunity to be integrated in the activities of an academic department of radiology. Traditionally, the ESOR Tutorials are aimed at Russia and CIS countries.
The tutorial comprises lectures on a variety of topics, covering modern diagnostic and interventional radiology. Mentored hands-on workshops in ultrasound, CT and MRI are also included. Additional exposure to non-interpretory issues of the broader culture of radiology is provided, addressing radiologic education, departmental work-flow, quality assurance or administrative principles and qualities. The whole programme is performed by a renowned faculty including local and invited speakers. The focus of the 2019 Graz Tutorial will be Cardiac and Breast Imaging. Furthermore, participants will have the chance to present one of their own scientific lectures under expert guidance to train their presentation skills.
Hotel accommodation for up to six nights, breakfast, coffee breaks, lunches, local transport and certificates will be provided for the participants. All travel costs to and from Graz from the respective home countries have to be borne by the participants.
The detailed programme will be available soon!