ALEXANDER R. MARGULIS FELLOWSHIP
learn from the best
On the occasion of the 100th birthday of Prof. Alexander R. Margulis in 2021, the European Society of Radiology (ESR) was proud to announce the launch of a new fellowship aimed at young radiologists from Eastern and South-Eastern Europe who recently completed their board certification or are about to complete their residency soon.
how to apply
All applicants must provide the following documents as a single PDF file:
Letter of Motivation
including previous experience in the field.
using the ESOR curriculum vitae
Letters of Reccomendation
by the head of department of the current hospital/University
Documentation and Certifications
- Documentation of recent board certification
- Copy of medical degree as well as copy of specialisation as radiologist
- Language certificate
- Proof of medical insurance
List of Five Most Important/Relevant Publications
in international peer reviewed journals
List of References
to be contacted if necessary
Proof of ESR Membership
To apply for or renew your ESR membership please click here.
Copy of Passport
*Each candidate is required to submit the provided ESOR CV. Any application with another CV will not be considered.
Only complete applications can be considered. To ensure equal opportunities candidates should apply only to institutions outside of their country of residence/work.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview. The successful candidate will be asked to provide additional documents to the training centre for administrative purposes. He/She is further asked to take care of his/her working permit, insurance and accommodation (no housing service available). Please note that the fellow is responsible for his/her visa. The training centre will help the selected fellow with all organisational details.
During 2024/2025 one place will be available for either a radiology resident in his/her 4th or 5th year of training or a fully trained radiologist in his/her first three years after board examination from Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. An active ESR membership is required.
It is possible to apply for only one ESOR training programme at the same time.
- This programme is aimed at ESR radiology resident members in their 4th or 5th year of training as well as ESR full radiologist members in their first three years after board certification from Eastern and South-Eastern Europe.
- The applicant should specify an area, organ or organ system of interest in order to optimize the MRI training effect.
- He/She should have basic skills in medical database handling and an interest and basic skills in scientifc presentations and publications.
- The applicant should be fluent in English, a basic command of the German language would be desirable but is not obligatory.
- An active ESR membership fee is required. (To apply for or renew your ESR membership please click here.)
- All applications will be carefully reviewed by an evaluation committee after the submission deadline.
- The short-listed candidates will have to make themselves available for an interview via Skype or Zoom.
- The selected candidate will be asked to provide additional documents to the training centre for administrative purposes.
- A valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate will be required by the training center.
- The selected candidate will be asked to take care of his/her health insurance and is responsible for his/her visa.
Duration of Fellowship and Funding
The fellowship will commence on September 15st, 2024 and run until August 31st, 2025. The fellow has to ensure his/her availability for the exact period stated as any postponement is not possible.
The fellowship will be supported by the Alexander R. Margulis grant which supports the fellow’s travel and accommodation expenses during the training period. ESR cannot guarantee that the grant will cover these costs in full. During the period of the training that fellow is responsible for covering his/her expenses and his/her own health insurance. The grant (€3,000 per month) will be paid out on a monthly basis.