CLINICAL FELLOWSHIP IN
learn from the best
The Hirslanden Clinic is a modern, state-of-the-art private clinic in Zurich, Switzerland, which belongs to the Hirslanden Group, the leading private healthcare provider in Switzerland. The modern infrastructure and the high standards of the medical and non-medical staff are the foundation of the emphasis and philosophy on the continuous well-being of patients.
In collaboration with Hirslanden Clinic and Clinic im Park, Octorad AG offers a diverse range of subspecializations in radiology. Octorad AG is dedicated to medical education and actively pursues innovative concepts, including location-independent diagnosis through teleradiology. We employ cutting-edge artificial intelligence methods to enhance our diagnostic work. Our proficient medical staff prioritizes patient well-being and safety during all examinations. The comprehensive offering is complemented by state-of-the-art technologies and excellent service.
We take pride in being one of the leading Prostate Imaging Radiology institutions in Switzerland, featuring exceptional radiologists who are members of the prostate MRI subgroup of the ESUR and Q2-certified by the German Society of Radiology. With over 2500 Prostate-MRI examinations conducted annually, we have the highest volume of such examinations in Switzerland; our mission is to provide the highest possible quality of prostate MRI across the entire spectrum of clinical prostate imaging.
For more information:
how to apply
All applicants must provide the following documents as a single PDF file:
Letter of Motivation
including previous experience in the field.
using the ESOR curriculum vitae
Letters of Reccomendation
by the head of department of the current hospital/University
Documentation and Certifications
- Documentation of recent board certification
- Copy of medical degree as well as copy of specialisation as radiologist
- Language certificate for advanced knowledge of German and basic knowledge of English (if available)
- Proof of medical insurance
List of Five Most Important/Relevant Publications
in international peer reviewed journals
List of References
to be contacted if necessary
Proof of ESR Membership
To apply for or renew your ESR membership please click here.
Copy of Passport
*Each candidate is required to submit the provided ESOR CV. Any application with another CV will not be considered.
Only complete applications can be considered. To ensure equal opportunities candidates should apply only to institutions outside of their country of residence/work.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview. The successful candidate will be asked to provide additional documents to the training centre for administrative purposes. He/She is further asked to take care of his/her working permit, insurance and accommodation (no housing service available). Please note that the fellow is responsible for his/her visa. The training centre will help the selected fellow with all organisational details.
During 2024/2025 one place will be offered for a late radiology trainee or recently board-certified radiologist residing in Europe who is a full member of ESR.
It is possible to apply for only one ESOR training programme at the same time.
- The exchange program will be available for either a radiology resident or recently certified radiologist (within the first three years after board certification) in Europe.
- The candidate should pursue a subspecialisation in abdominal radiology with a clear focus on prostate imaging.
- The candidate should have good knowledge of abdominal / pelvic anatomy as well as basic skills in MR image interpretation of the prostate.
- Advanced knowledge of German and basic knowledge of English are required.
- The candidate will be contacted for an interview via video-conferencing.
- An active ESR full membership is required.
Duration of Fellowship and Funding
The fellowship is dedicated to Prostate Imaging and will last for 12 months. It will be held from October 1, 2024 to October 1, 2025. The fellow will receive a grant (€23.000 gross) from the training Center, which will be paid out via ESOR on a monthly basis. During the period of the training, the fellow is responsible for covering his/her expenses and his/her own health insurance.